long island wrecks?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

TyGuy

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
ive been hearing alot about wrecks right of the shores in long island. ive found some sites with info about the general locations of these wrecks but can really find and specifics. what im wondering is if anyone has done shore dives here and any of the wrecks. or if theres any websites with solid information and destinations. thanks

where in LIS are you. There are a few shore wreck dives in CT.

thanks for the info. im actually just looking for a trip for my universities club. weve heard of some wrecks right of th shores of LIS and are looking for a good day trip come spring. where are the wrecks in CT waters?

I'm very curious about those CT wrecks as well. I know of one in RI that's off of Westerly Town Beach, but its in only 15 feet of water.

I booked 2 dive spots on the Eagles Nest for Sunday of Memorial Day Weekend. With the Euphoria out of the picture due to Kevin's untimely passing, and with him having made trips throughout the week, that's a lot of displaced divers that will be heading for other boats, such as myself.

The Eagle's Nest will also be treating divers to an upclose look at the Thunderbird's Air Show following the dives, and of course the "Surface Interval Barbeque".

I'm already looking forward to it, as is my girlfriend to her first cold water diving experience.

I booked 2 dive spots on the Eagles Nest for Sunday of

I'm already looking forward to it, as is my girlfriend to her first cold water diving experience.

cold water? memorial day weekend should be really nice and in the high 50's maybe low 60's right?

that sounds pretty warm to me haha.

also, thanks everyone for their posts and help, my university's club really wants to get in the water and see whats down there..

cold water? memorial day weekend should be really nice and in the high 50's maybe low 60's right?

that sounds pretty warm to me haha.

My logbook shows a dive on the USS SanDiego in late May, with temps on the wreck at 47 degrees. It was a bit "chilly", especially with wet suit compression and around my face where the hood didn't cover my forehead completely.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom