Long hose setup with Miflex

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I would look at the fact that the Miflex is easy to pinch off.

Easy?

I just tried to pinch one off and was unable to get it to stop flowing air to the reg without REALLY TRYING to pinch it off. Only when I folded the hose completely back on itself and squeezed hard was I able to get it not deliver air. Folding a regular hose in a similar fashion also resulted in the hose getting pinched off.

I wouldn't call it easy, and am sure it would be almost impossible for it to happen in the ordinary course of events, and any situation which would pinch off a Miflex would almost certainly pinch off a regular hose as well.

If you use a DPV, you may find that the miflex hoses tend to move all over the place due to the current.

Both my wife and I have Dive-X Cudas and we both have Miflex 7' hoses on primary, 22" on bungeed 2ndary (sp?) and LP inflator hoses and have never had a problem all the way through the 8th speed.

I have a "tecreational" rig with 5' primary and 22" bungied octo. No issues at all with the setup. I did that first, and will re-rig my tec set up soon. They are incredibly light and flexible, and next will be the HP hose.

Techreational--love that. I should use it instead of calling myself a "DIR sympathizer."

Back
Top Bottom