Long hose set up.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I use a long hose exclusively, and even on my first times using it I didn't get it 'tangled' in the first stage. I don't know how you could unless you were clueless about what you're doing. I stuff it into my waist strap, put the reg in my mouth, and then take up the slack until I only have enough to comfortably turn my head.

Like anything else, if you don't operate the equipment correctly, you can't blame the equipment when it breaks/snags/malfunctions/etc.

i do tuck the exta hose into the waist strap. but it came out and when it did it that when it would tangle up and i do know how to use the 7ft hose... i thought i would try this way out. im thinking of a soft sergical tubing that would loosen when pulled on and not break off your gear. when i ment break off i ment loosen and than you can re tighten it. its just a thought.

nice, go for it! If you can have another diver w/ more long hose experiance ck out the way you have it set up I would do that first if not try it the other way, as I dont see how you could be wraping it wrong.

If you find yourself not doing S drills (do you do them now) because of the PITA of restowing it, make sure you re anilize things.

As an aside, many of us have hundreds some thousands of dives w/ the LH, I dont think getting it caught in the 1st stage is common.

Captain CaveMan:
i do tuck the exta hose into the waist strap. but it came out and when it did it that when it would tangle up and i do know how to use the 7ft hose... i thought i would try this way out. im thinking of a soft sergical tubing that would loosen when pulled on and not break off your gear. when i ment break off i ment loosen and than you can re tighten it. its just a thought.
Someone really needs to show you how to use a long hose. Trust me, you *have* to be doing something wrong to have all this trouble.

Don't add gear and bungges and coil it up behind you or anything weird like that. Most definitely do not add any "Breakaway" gear to stow the hose because then you will NEVER practice with it, and practicing air sharing is essential.

Have someone who knows what they're doing teach you how to properly use and stow the long hose and you'll be fine. You don't need convoluted breakaway straps to keep things in check.

Caveman, according to your profile you have less than 50 dives, yet consider yourself an 'experienced diver'. I'd like to suggest that you step back a bit, and realize that there are good reasons why the long hose is used the way it is and perhaps your inexperience is getting in the way. Get someone who really knows what is going on to help you work with the long hose before you go and start inventing solutions to non existent problems.

this is how i have it set up now. after i put on the bp harness i put on the oqcto around my neck 2nd i hook up my psi guage up to my left d ring. 3rd i take the lh and wrap it under my right arm around my waist than under my left side arm and than behind my head and to my mouth. after that i look the the laeft and take out the slack and tuck it under my right side harnnes waist strap. at 2 time on sat dive the slack came out and got hooked my 1st stage for a sec when i looked left.

ive been diving with buddys with the long hose set up exe. sideband(joe) he seen that that i know how to use this set up. we practiced before we dove on sat to make sure we know what to do. its a esay fix to clear up under water, i just that this could be a diffrent way.
i was looking at oms site and see the pic and thought i would bring it up.

Captain CaveMan:
i take the lh and wrap it under my right arm around my waist than under my left side arm and than behind my head and to my mouth.
You don't know how to use the long hose. You are better off bunging it to you tank then the cluster you have now.

Your long hose shouldn't be wrapped across your belly and then under your left arm. The long hose should come down the right side from the first stage and hook under a light canister, or be tucked into your waist belt on the right side. From there it should cross your chest to the left side of your neck. From there it wraps around the BACK of your neck and then into your mouth from the right.
Ron-0649.jpg

give me a pic of how you have it set up

edit on the last post

i put under my left arm EDIT MIS TYPE. I MENT OVER.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom