Long hose (7 feet) versus AI transmitter ?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Roger Hobden

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Is there a problem in installing an AI transmitter on the same side as a long (7 feet) hose ?

Can the hose become kinked or even obstructed because of the presence of the transmitter ?

Can the transmitter become damaged when sharing air with a buddy ?

My 6 foot hose comes out of the right side LP port and the transmitter is on a 6 inch hose coming out of the HP port directly above it. The two hoses are loosely bungee'd to each other. I've had no problems.

I cant see it being an issue.

At least in my case, it's not a problem.

(Apeks FSR with long hose coming off the 5th port and hp transmitter on the right port)

Apeks 5 Port dst, right post, long hose coming off the turret and inflator off the 5th port.
AI is connected to the downward facing HP port with a short miflex hp hose and bungeed to right cylinder neck.
This setup is quite streamlined and does not interfere with long hose deployment when the turret rotates.

In this case it's not in the way. I moved the long hose to the swivel port close to my head so its already past the transmitter.
SmartSelect_20180815-213514_Instagram.jpg

A transmitter straight to the first stage or on a 6" hose is going to make very very very little difference in anything you do.

No need to overthink it.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom