Long Hair and A Dry Suit

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I make a ponytail with a "scunci" with the base near the top of my head (not down low near my neck). Then I bring the ponytail out through the neck seal before pulling the seal down over my head. My hair is very long, thick and curly so trying to tuck it into a swim cap or stocking just gives me a "fat head" which is even harder to get through the seal.

I vote for the braid too. Though for comfort I only put the tie on the bottom. I don't like to have a knot or extra hair that gets bound under my hood.

-K

I too have very long hair and hate it if my hair is plastered onto my neck. I tried lycra caps, but they caused more misery than help when I went to put my hood on and they slipped around. In the warmer summer months I put my hair into a pony tail at the top of my head and grab the bottom of the pony so all my hair is on the top or my head an then pull the neck seal on. Usually just have to run my finger under the seal to get out the small hairs at the back of my neck. Then when I don the hood I bend over and put my hair in the hood first and then slip it on. In the winter because of the brain freeze caused by the space the pony tail creates in my hood I forget the ponytailer and just wrap my hair on the top of my head and don it hair first.

simple trick. Using the grocery plastic bag. My GF is using it when she don the neck seal. There is No issue anymore.

Back
Top Bottom