LONG corrugated hose

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

alpine

Registered
Reaction score
Hey all,

I have a Zeagle Brigade, which I like very much, EXCEPT... the corrugated hose is about 6" longer than my previous BC. Not only does it hang down too far, adding another "dangle", but I tend to grab it by accident when reaching for my computer.

Is there a reason this was made so long - some logic that I am missing? Does Zeagle make a shorter corrugated hose? Or should I just go for a generic and switch it out?

Thanks!
Cheryl

They are available in 16", 19" and 23" lengths.

If you swap out the hose, however, you need to swap out the entire Remote Exhaust Assembly, or the shoulder pull dump will not work properly.

Thanks,

Scott

Good to know. Is that a part that my LDS (Scubatoys) should have in stock? Or is that normally a special order?
Thanks for the quick response!
c.

ScottZeagle:
They are available in 16", 19" and 23" lengths.

If you swap out the hose, however, you need to swap out the entire Remote Exhaust Assembly, or the shoulder pull dump will not work properly.

Thanks,

Scott

I'm glad that I decided not to have the shoulder dump cable changed on my BC when I sent it in. Sounds like this would have meant a full new dump valve that I really didn't need.
If someone doesn't mind doing a DIY it is possible to shorten the shoulder dump cable. I will be doing this.

alpine:
Good to know. Is that a part that my LDS (Scubatoys) should have in stock? Or is that normally a special order?
Thanks for the quick response!
c.

Unless they pull a different size off of a BC, it is probably an order item...however, you never know about those guys - they may have a few in stock!

:wink:

Back
Top Bottom