London Aquarium

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ScubaTexan

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
On my last trip to London two years ago, I went to the London Aquarium and was really fascinated by it. It's really a remarkable aquarium. I was just wondering -- has anyone on here ever dived at the Aquarium? Do they allow certified divers to take the plunge into one of the tanks? I'm trying to get back over to London this summer and would love to dive there, if allowed.

ScubaTexan

Belushi and I went to the London Aquarium a couple of weeks back! Since Belushi actually get wet and dived in the UK !!!

The London Aquarium do have feeding times and shows where you see divers in the tanks but I believes these are employees of the company. I do not think they allow customers in (probably an insurance issue!!!)

I only know of 1 place in the UK that allows you to dive in the shark tank (or any tank for that matter). Its a place called
The Blue Planet Aquarium but that is in Cheshire and not that cheap!

London Aquarium only allows a few divers in its tanks as part of a function booking and the cost is £1175 per diver on top of the function booking charges (starting at just under £10,000).

Details are on their website.

Hope to check it out next month - never been and my 5 year nephew loves it... That plus the London Eye again.

Jonathan

spottydog.....well spotted!

Heres a direct link the section. You'll be charged £1000 + VAT (£1175 or $1860) each and have to book for a minimum of 2 people!

But thats only when you book an event which will cost you £5500 ($8700) for you and 599 friends! Then you have to pay the addition grand to be able to get in the water!!!

If you can't cut your list to the 599 and need to invite your other friends familys uncles sisters nieces cats brothers squirel - then you could always hire the entire aquarium for £7500 ($11880).

Why not book a weeks holiday and do a weeks diving with sharks!!! It makes the Blue Planet Aquarium look cheap!

Those prices are way too steep for me, I'm afraid. :(

Oh well, cheers anyway!

There's also that place in Fort William (sorry can't remeber the name) which has a number of differing enviroments (tropical, etc) which you can dive. Also hard hat dive as well.

Ian

Ian - that is the Blue Planet Aquarium that I mentioned earlier!

Back
Top Bottom