Logbook pages

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Fetch

Contributor
Reaction score
Does anyone have (in pretty much any format) a document that when printed yields multiple logbook entries per sheet of paper printed?

I saw someone bring a 3 ring binder of these to a dive site, and after my PADI adventure log became a victim of the wet stuff, I think it'd be a good thing for me to try (3 ring binders and paper being free for me :) )

thanks,
jeff

PADI sell pre-printed inserts for small day-planner style three ring binders. You can buy a binder at any stationary outlet, and fill it with the pages. OR you can use a publisher program and create your own pages with all the info you want. No one says that a dive log has to be purchased from a dive agency. It just has to have a spot for a signature and C-Card number of the buddy who was with you on the dive, Date, Time, Location, Bottom Time, and Depth. The rest, such as water and air temp, weight, Start and End pressure etc... Are optional, but recommended for your own reference.

I would refrain from photo copying pages made by PADI or any other agency, as they are no doubt copywrited.

Mine does one dive per 5x7" page...I like room for descriptions! I make them myself and have Kinko's print me a yeats worth at a time. Still cheaper than buying those pre-printed ones.

If you'll tell me what info you want and how many you want to a page, I'll make the master for you.

Thanks Dee - I was gonna put them in an 8.5x11" binder.

I think I'll take this as a test of my art skills and cook one up to put in PDF form for download :)

Thanks for the offer,
Jeff

Hi,
few weeks ago, I made (finally after 1 year of wanted to do it) my custom logbook. Since I dive with Aladin Pro Nitrox, I build the logbook (in MS Word) with all the parameters that are in the Uwatec Datatrack, plus some extra info about the film that I used for UW photos. I did it on A5 paper size (sorry US guys). I printed on both sides of the paper (whats called duplex), and since I have access to maual booklet machine that binds, I have put the plastic spiral (or whatever it is called). I added a nice front page pic of me from a cave in Malta and the last pages contain some gear information (serial numbers, weight per suit matrix,...). When divers around me saw the loogbog, there were amazed!
I think it is a simple job, and you get exactly what you want.
So go ahead and make one.
If you need any more help, just let me know.

sasha

I like the one I made for my cave dives. I log my cave dives in to two seperate books. My regular dive log, and then a cave log.

It is made from a regular 3 ring binder. It is split up into seperate section for each of the caves that I dive. Each section starts with a 8.5"x11" laminated map of the cave, and all of the info I could find on the cave system. After that, I have penetration to date map where I highlight everywhere I have been in the cave. Following that is the actual dive log. Each dive log has two sides. One side is the cave map where I highlight where I went on that specific dive. The other side consists off all of my data including Mix, bottom time, depth, deco time, deco depth, stage bottle used, mix of stage, deco gas used, team members, dive plan, comments, problems, and some other little things. I really like it.

As for a regular cave log, I am currently working on one for my log book. I have tried many different style of sheets, and have not yet found one that I like. So as I get bored, I play around in Excel and design new ones. One day I will find one I like.

If anyone has any for download that I could look at, and possibly use, let me know.

My husband and I have "multiple entry" ring binder log books. He started taking his pages to the local copy store to be laminated once they were full after a "wet stuff" accident with one page nearly destroyed it. He bought me a full sheet laminating machine for Christmas a couple years ago and I LOVE IT! It's a GBC DocuSeal 95 with 3 settings "foil," "laminate," "cold." It can handle 8.5 x 11 sheets and might be able to handle larger ones, I've never looked for sheets bigger than that. I highly recommend laminating any sheets you have completed if you want to keep them.
Ber :bunny:

I like to keep more info than that. I made the SI, bottom time, PG diagram much smaller to save space for other stuff but find it not necessary. My next revision I'll probably remove it altogether.

I also use a smaller 5.5 x 8" format so my lofbook isn't so large and is easier to carry.

But whatever works for you is great as long as you use it!

I have been using the SeaWolff computer dive log for some time now and am very happy with it. The log lets you enter as much or as little data as you want. You can enter all the usually dive information as well as, Equipment used, Expenses, Directions to dive sights, Your certification level, You can enter marine life sightings, Contact lists and Envelope labels. Supports multi level dives, Multiple buddies and on and on…………….

It a fully functional data base that allows you to print you log on 8.5X11 paper for 3 ring binder use. These also a dive summery report that can be generated, which is helpful when going on dive trips and you don’t want to take a log with 500 pages to it. All the data can be backed up to a single floppy disk, so it something happens to your computer or your printed log, you can regain everything from the backed up floppy disk.

………………..Arduous…………………

LINK http://www.seawolff.com/

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom