Log Books...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

MacLeod

Reaction score
How do you record your dives? Over the years I have seen the simple to the complex...from the cheap "welcome to diving pamphlet" divelogs to "home-made" 4" spiral binders with detail that parallels that of science investigator's research log.

Is yours store bought and if so what kind?
Binder with removable pages?
"Home-made"?
ETC...

Just curious what people have found works best for them.

Thanks!
Jon:wink:

Just a simple one from the dive shop that certified my OW. Just records date, location, depth and duration. There is a box for "other comments" but I rarely complete that.

Home made for me. I worked up my own on a half-sheet of paper that allows me to record more information - not research log intensity, but I like to record gas information and, especially for new sites, create a little freehand map as a memory jog. Etc.

I keep all sorts of stuff, from what I was wearing, to site details, to activity ... check out a previous thread for details Log book entries

My log book is just a basic store bought one. I fill out a lot of stuff in the comments section though. However, I also keep an entire blow by blow, or should I say breathe by breathe, analysis of every dive on my webpage. Kinda like a trip report. I update it after every trip.

I use what came with my OW training materials. It's a binder style, and has spots to put all sorts of information (air start and finish, exposure protection, vis, temp of air, surface and bottom, all sorts of things). I like it because I can add to it, and it has a lot for me to fill out.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom