Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

A.Gus

New
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Hey everyone! I'm new to this site so excuse me if this question has already been exhausted, but I'm planning a trip in Central America. I'm trying to find lodging for it, and I'd prefer if it was an eco lodge of some sort of a smaller hotel with access to some awesome diving. Not really into the big hotel vibe. It can be anywhere in Central America (so list your favorites!) and our price point is flexible, as long as it's not a super luxury hotel. I'm traveling with two nondivers so this location will preferably have attractions other than diving to satisfy them too. If y'all have suggestions that don't necessarily fit into my description but you think are worth mentioning I'm open to it!

P.S. I'm a Rescue level diver and Drift Diving certified so currents are a-okay. We're also traveling in July.

There's one on Roatan - actually more than one but this is one I've heard of - but not been to. Tranquilseas, Roatan – Eco Lodge, Hotel, Resort, Diving, Restaurant and Bar It's in Sandy Bay on the north shore of the island a few minutes removed from everything but easily accessible with a vehicle or short cab rides.

For drift dives ask the shop to take you to the West End point sites - Texas, Bucho's Bank etc.

The non-divers would have options - the West End shops/restaurants would be maybe 10mins. max by cab, there's Carambola Gardens a lot closer also in Sandy Bay also and it wouldn't be an overly far ride to either French Harbor or Coxen Hole on the south side. Another 10 mins. past the West End the nicest beach on Roatan is in West Bay but it's a little more commercial - the cruise excursions use the beach also.

They could also do the Dolphin Encounter or Snorkel at Anthony's Key - it's an AI resort but the Dolphin Programs are open to anyone. Also in Sandy Bay just down the street from Tranquilseas. Roatan Institute for Marine Sciences | Anthony's Key Resort | Roatan

I think what you're looking for is in Costa Rica but I don't know where. My nephew/wife like eco-lodges and that's where they went for their recent honeymoon with some diving. Even they don't recommend the place they stayed though.

There must be places like that in Belize also - maybe in the Hopkins/Dangriga area which also has boat access to good diving. If this trip is late spring/summer there's the opportunity to dive with Whale Sharks off Gladden Spit nearby also from that area or slightly farther south in Placencia.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom