Lodging in Virginia Beach

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

BombTech

Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Hello all. I'm going to be diving with Lynnhaven the first weekend of October and was wondering if anyone could recommend a good/cheap place to stay thats near the dive shop.

Thanks

October is generally the off season here in Va. Beach. Many of the hotels on the Oceanfront will have pretty cheap rates. They are located close to the dive shop as well as Lynnhavens boat the Ms. Lindsey. If you are a service member I am pretty sure some of those hotels will also offer military discounts.

There are numerous hotels in Virginia Beach. The closest one to the Lynnhaven area is the Virginia Beach Resort & Conference Center. They are located at 2800 Shore Drive on the Chesapeake Bay. They are a full service all suites property. The web address is virginiabeachresort.com . If you would like I would be happy to mail you a copy of our vacation guide with a complete listing of accommodations or you can visit our website at vbfun.com Have a great dive

Sherri Waghalter
Visitor Center Manager
1-800-822-3224
vbfun.com
swaghalt@vbgov.com

It would help to know your comfort level and priorities. Price and 'quality' are closely related. Also, do you just need a room, or are you looking for additional amenities?

There are numerous hotels in Virginia Beach. The closest one to the Lynnhaven area is the Virginia Beach Resort & Conference Center. They are located at 2800 Shore Drive on the Chesapeake Bay. They are a full service all suites property. The web address is virginiabeachresort.com . If you would like I would be happy to mail you a copy of our vacation guide with a complete listing of accommodations or you can visit our website at vbfun.com Have a great dive

Sherri Waghalter
Visitor Center Manager
1-800-822-3224
vbfun.com
swaghalt@vbgov.com

Folks, the nice lady above is an employee of the City of Virginia Beach giving out lodging information to attract tourism by monitoring social networking media.

Sherri, that's GREAT WORK, I'm so impressed!

I have a home in Virginia Beach and have attended numerous events at the hotel mentioned above. It's a great place and in walking distance of the Hot Tuna, an outstanding restaurant.

But, "Bomb Tech" (great nick) if you are diving with Lynnhaven, they dock on the south side of Rudee Inlet. A great and probably inexpensive hotel at the time would be the Ramada on the Beach located at 615 Atlantic Avenue, Virginia Beach, VA 23451. In the Ramada is Mahi Mahs, one of the BEST inexpensive seafood restaurants on the planet, especially for sushi. The two are less than 5 minutes from the dock. A bunch of other stuff is an easy and short walk.

October is an awesome month on Virginia Beach. Temps in the upper 70s, beach water temps still 68 to 75.

The boat you will be diving on is Lynnhaven's 60 footer, the "Miss Lindsey." As dive boats go she's BIG, well staffed and comfortable. Plenty of room for gear and they serve a FREE hot dog lunch with all the fixings and soda you want. Here's a video from a previous trip:

The parking is right next to the dock and the inlet you are seeing is Rudee inlet at dawn in May of 2008. The hotel is on the opposite side of the water, just down the street. In the video, we are 60 miles offshore and south with seas initially running 1 FT building to about 3 FT by the time the last guy is on board. Underwater visibility is about 40 FT. Marine life on the wreck is typical to Virginia Beach.

Enjoy and welcome to Beach Town, USA!

Andy

Back
Top Bottom