Location of Oasis under Table Rock

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hey Matthew, I am in when you go just let me know. I might get the aqua flu that day :D. If you do not mind me tagging along.

I'd be glad to have you tag along. I love to dive with others and enjoy it a lot. Aqua flu, I like that. Sounds like something highly contagious.

You guys definately let me know as well. I'd do it (plus, it'll give my wife a reason to go Branson)

cummings66:
The old city of Oasis. Apparently they didn't remove it, just let the water come up and cover it. It's supposed to still be standing.

Matt,

I looked @ the GPS numbers & I think that is close to the island that we dove last year on our 2nd Project Aware dive. Right? I have a Fishing Hot Spots map of the area but it doesn't give any indication of any flooded buildings there.

Terry

I don't know if it is or not. I think it was called Jakes Island or point, something like that. But then it wasn't that far from a bridge/road either so we might have had the wrong name to go with it.

Was it Tom that piloted the pontoon boat that day? I forgot to write his name down and I kind of remember him and his daughter saying they were from St. Louis? At any rate, he'd be the one to know for sure. I remember the daughters husband and the SUV dent issue she had due to him, I think he left something around she could hit?

I certainly hope it's not that place we were, the depth if I remember right was close to 200 feet about 20 feet from shore. We did find a variance in depth there and we all kind of wondered if this was where Oasis was located. We would have been on the southern side of the island if I remember right.

By the way, the exhaust valve that wouldn't exhaust air during our new years dive got retired. I had it tested and it tested fine, but under pressure such as blowing the suit up would result in it not venting. I replaced it and now the exhaust is working again, amazing how important that exhaust valve is.

The article from dtmag is what got me interested in this after all, and what you see here is all the info I've ever been able to find out. I wrote the editor of dtmag to see if I could get more data and they said all they had is what was in the article.

The thing that's interesting is that they say it's about 100 feet down, so it's doable if we can locate it for sure. I suspect that we'll just have to go to the coord's I've plotted and then look for terrain features that resemble a church and then dive on it.

Or, we find somebody that has, which so far has not happened for me.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom