local vis?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

swankenstein:
So how was it?

2 shallow dives: first to 55', second to 45'.

Not very good vis at all, but not bad enough to keep me away by any means. Just take a light.

Still can't find octopi.

On the positive side, I love my drysuit! I've perfected the movement to dump it while remaining horizontal (hand behind head, then lean to the right). My thermometer reported 42F on the first dive and 40F on the second dive, and I was fine. I'll never go back to wet.

Saw my first Striped Nudibranch (actually saw a few):
http://www.seaotter.com/marine/research/armina/californica/html/californica.jpg.html
Apparently they love to eat sea pens. Hopefully they can't eat the whole garden there.

- ChillyWaters

ChillyWaters:
2 shallow dives: first to 55', second to 45'.

Not very good vis at all, but not bad enough to keep me away by any means. Just take a light.

Still can't find octopi.

On the positive side, I love my drysuit! I've perfected the movement to dump it while remaining horizontal (hand behind head, then lean to the right). My thermometer reported 42F on the first dive and 40F on the second dive, and I was fine. I'll never go back to wet.

Saw my first Striped Nudibranch (actually saw a few):
http://www.seaotter.com/marine/research/armina/californica/html/californica.jpg.html
Apparently they love to eat sea pens. Hopefully they can't eat the whole garden there.

- ChillyWaters
Was it Deep Cove? I don't know of anywhere else in the Inlet with seapens.

Battery:
I was going to come today but last night the weather report said it was going to be raining, so I slept in. Aw well

what is this about??'cause it is raining no diving? the worst that could happen is to get wet.:D

swankenstein:
Was it Deep Cove? I don't know of anywhere else in the Inlet with seapens.

Yup... Setchell Point, by the marina. 100's of orange sea pens (some about 8" now).

- ChillyWaters

Les:
what is this about??'cause it is raining no diving? the worst that could happen is to get wet.:D

Yeah yeah. But I dont like getting wet in my drysuit. Plus because I figured it would rain I spent a little to long at Raglands the night before :wink:

Ansell was nice on friday until about 30ft, then it was between 6-10 ft and decreased on the way up, which isn't too bad for BC. Hit up dodd narrows and the sask on saturday, same story - lovely viz down deep.

Back
Top Bottom