local vis?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I dove the cut last week, and we had AMAZING viz...about 50ft (but we were way the heck down there at 130ft (some amazing sponges down at that depth, by the way). Still about 40ft at 100, and even at our safety stop at 15ft, we could see about 10ft. It was great. Much better than 3 weeks ago where there was only about 6 inches of viz.

I hope the viz stays nice for the next few weeks, because I wont get to dive for the next 3 weeks! (Currently down in Texas, heh, and didnt lug my gear along).

Spoke to Tino yesterday and his is in also and getting upgraded to 24watt. good thing I have lotsa backups. weather depending I am going out sunday am with Edge Diving. glad to hear great dives.

Sorry to hear about that light Les. Diverite has been very helpful so I'm sure they will take good care of you. So far my last three dives I've had the worst luck when it comes to gear. My 21w canister flooded, the next dive my backup light flooded (diverite aduro), then when I came home my computer died while trying to log the dives (hey Bjorn, remember how I was mentioning that I never had a problem with my computer that day :shakehead)

So I'm hoping the trifecta is complete, for now I'm diving with my wheel and in the dark.

Tino: Damn!

I'm sorry to hear that. Did I mention after our last dive I found a hole in my wing?
Anyways, hope you get your computer replaced soon. What were the symptoms?

I don't feel so bad for carrying a full set of backup analog gauges. It may look a bit goofy but I sure like knowing that they are there in case of electronic **'s :)

We did 2 boat dives today, one at Bowen and one at Bowyer.

Great viz below 40 feet. I mean astonishing viz :D

ChillyWaters:
On to the Inlet tomorrow. I'm hoping for something good.

- ChillyWaters

Keep hoping. With all the rain we've had recently it could be like diving in a mop bucket.

vis was good today @ whytecliff. we dove the right side to the gardens. murkey at
30' (like 1-2'vis) but actually got better as we swam from 30 into the bay to 2' deep. and:wave-smil I was dry at the end of the dive!!!!!:chicken: WOOHOO. dunno why! nothing different but I was very happy. Had a new dive partner today and everything was awesome. lots of nudis as well.
post up on your dive weekend.

Les:
.... I was dry at the end of the dive!!!!!:chicken: WOOHOO. dunno why! nothing different but I was very happy...

This surely is one of the signs of the appocalypse!!!:lol:

Glad you were dry Les :)

I was going to come today but last night the weather report said it was going to be raining, so I slept in. Aw well

Back
Top Bottom