Local Vancouver conditions

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Mike Veitch:
Does Frank Zarik still run Aqua Sapiens in N Van?

I would assume he does it...
Unfortunately Frank left the NS scene around 2000 to head south for the .com rage.
He was my instructor for 3 courses and greatly missed by his students and friends. Awesome guy.

Sorry I missed your calls today (Henry,Jeckyll)I was very busy today and did not get to my messages until late. Actually just came home a few min ago. not much free time with 2 jobs. Anyhoo, not able to go to Vic this time around. Is the shop still heading out on Sun am? I can do 1 dive but have to be out of the water by noonish.
Have a good one.
Les

yeah, Scott M can't make it either and so he is going out for just the morning dive. I won't see you because I will be on the boat. But I will talk to you later.

BTW, got out to Copper tonight and man it was a good dive. Just saw one octo, but it wasn't that cold.

last time I was there, no octo in a den (total give-away with the crab shells on the bottom) but a big ling instead. Puget crabs all over. Hey have you been over the shelf about 30ish' out from the wall? Just peering over the edge, maybe down a couple of feet loads of sponges can be seen. Wonder how deep and what else to see? arggh more training. lol.
take care Henry and have a safe trip in Vic.
Are those wrecks penatrable?
Les

Les: I'm in for Sunday morning :)

Just let me know where & when you want to meet. I have play with my new stage setup & mask :D

sounds good. lets do sunday and I can show you copper cove if you like? or to the usual, or for the adventure head over to porteau wall. up to you and as long as Iam backhome no later than 1pm.
keep in touch
Les

Les:
last time I was there, no octo in a den (total give-away with the crab shells on the bottom) but a big ling instead. Puget crabs all over. Hey have you been over the shelf about 30ish' out from the wall? Just peering over the edge, maybe down a couple of feet loads of sponges can be seen. Wonder how deep and what else to see? Arrgh more training. lol.
take care Henry and have a safe trip in Vic.
Are those wrecks penetrable?
Les

Are you referring to if I swam away from the wall at 80 feet and swam deeper? If so, there is a wall that bottoms out at 130 feet. It's not very long and is covered with small sponges. Easy to find. I am just doing some exploring out there. Might go out and run some deep stuff next week.

If you dropped in hard, you should be able to do the whole deeper wall without running in to deco.

The Saskatchewan is in the same class as the Mackenzie. So I would imagine the interior layout would be almost identical. Except the Mackenzie is in shallower water. The G B Church is is much smaller, at 175 feet she was BC's first artificial reef. Both wrecks are fully penetrable.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom