Local shore diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Orlando Eric

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
I have not really dove in this area that much since moving here but recently have started getting out once or twice every week. I have been hitting a local area called Pepper Park by the UDT Seal Museum (Fort Pierce.) I have seen Guitar fish, baracuda, spade fish, stop light parrot, triggerfish, Sting rays, Something BIG, shadowy and too far off to see clearly :11: . and billions of urchins and blennies.

The dive time is not near in quality that it is in Jupiter but the price is right! I might start veturing in other areas and try some spear fishing but that is a few clicks up in courage that I have not yet gotten in this diving area. Viso is normally around 10' - 15' on a good day. On a bad day it is 1'-2' and no one dives. I have seen the miraculous 20'-25' but I have not seen many.

Last week I happened into several legal size lobsters but did not see them in the same spot today.. they must be pre moving for next week. - "Well lannie (the lobster wife) it's time to move out to the 300' reef.. lobster season starts next week",,, "Oh larry (the lobster husband) you worry too much."

If anyone else plans on diving this area I made the long trip today and found that once you hit the good size ledges (4') that is about as good as it gets the next 800 yards looked the same to me.

PS-- i did not find any treasure.

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom