Local nitrox class

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DaveO

Contributor
Reaction score
Hey- I'm looking at the Nitrox course at "The" Dive Shop, and when I called for details they said they teach the course around a nitrox computer.

This rang an alarm bell for me: shouldn't there be a table in the course, somewhere?

Any recommendations for a good course, locally?

Thanks,
DaveO

Which The Dive Shop? Fairfax or Richmond?

Oh, and those w/o a Nitrox Dive Computer, buy one of course from the shop. :eek:ut:

Thomas

DaveO once bubbled...
shouldn't there be a table in the course, somewhere?

I recently finished the PADI Nitrox course (Enriched Air Diver). The course pack included a number of tables and the bulk of the final exam required that you know how to use and work the tables (I would say, and I am guestimating here, 6 out of 10 questions).

The course touched on computers, but very briefly...

Who is the certifying agency for the course?

you should the NitrOx class with me or Walter at Wreckmania! Two birds with one stone, and you get to do "dual" checkouts!

DaveO once bubbled...
Hey- I'm looking at the Nitrox course at "The" Dive Shop, and when I called for details they said they teach the course around a nitrox computer.

This rang an alarm bell for me: shouldn't there be a table in the course, somewhere?

Any recommendations for a good course, locally?

Thanks,
DaveO
The Dive Shop in Fairfax is an SSI facility and AFAIK they run it with the minimum standards and no dives required. It will be cheaper than going somewhere else, but maybe not the best... Tough call on who to go through...I took everything after AOW through a PADI instructor that I know privately (not through a shop) who is more into the extended range diving scene than the instructors I found at the local shops.

I don't know about SSI but i think SDI has a specialty course called "computer nitrox diver." Sounds suspiciously like a nitrox course without tables.:confused:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom