Local NIMH chargers?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

dcostanza

Reaction score
# of dives
Hello,
I would like to know if anyone has found a "local" shop that sells NIMH chargers? Local being possibly a chain or franchise. I'm looking for a 12v 9amh charger. Have checked out the Stealthlight site and his links; however, I was hoping to find something in town. Radio Shack doesn't have anything nor do our "Batteries Plus" store. Hobby shops don't have anything???? As a matter of fact...Just got off the phone with a guy at a hobby shop that stated that "...if I blow up the charger, they will allow me to upgrade to a better charger. It is covered by a year warranty..." hmmm, I like pyrotechnics probably more than "the next guy" but that isn't exactly the response I was looking for.

I do a lot of internet business and normally not opposed to such transactions but would prefer to have a local shop to "reach out and touch someone" should something happen. Anyone have any success?

Best Regards
Don

It might just take very long time to recharge the battery...

Let's say you get a 12 V battery pack charger with 600 mA charging current. (I think I saw something like that at RadioShack)

It will charge a 1000 mAh battery (typical RC toy) in a couple hours. For your battery (9000 mAh) it'll take somewhere around 20 hours.

In the perfect world you'd want a charger with 3 to 5 A current.

MrSquid
Thanks for the reply... I previously looked at the charger which you provided a link for, appears to be a very nice charger...When I upgrade, I'll more than likely go that route.

I ended up going with a MAHA universal based on some of the comments I received from some of the guys I dive with. Price was right also so it was one of those "don't pass up deals"...

Best Regards
Don

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom