Local News

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I believe more of that behavior is in the local and dive community than cruise ships.
That seems likely to me as well, but be that as it may, it's much more likely that you will get yourself into trouble if you seek out drugs, prostitution, etc. on Cozumel than if you don't. I guess that's true anywhere, but the risk is higher when you are not on your home turf and especially if you are in another country.

That seems likely to me as well, but be that as it may, it's much more likely that you will get yourself into trouble if you seek out drugs, prostitution, etc. on Cozumel than if you don't. I guess that's true anywhere, but the risk is higher when you are not on your home turf and especially if you are in another country.
No doubt, I don’t seek those out but have seen parts of the island most never will based on hanging out with local friends over the years. I don’t stay out that late anymore, but there is certainly a darker side of the island. Always has been.

Another shooting last night. My wife was visiting her father and heard the shots, saw the shooters running through park. Very graphic video of victim. Drug related.....
What part of town was this one?

Just booked a trip in November. Now whether to disclose this info to my wife. Sure the odds are very low of an interaction and more dangerous driving to the airport, but optics and all

Just booked a trip in November. Now whether to disclose this info to my wife. Sure the odds are very low of an interaction and more dangerous driving to the airport, but optics and all
I'm sure if some map nerd was able, we'd be able to see that these crimes are not close to where 99% of tourists are.

I'm not telling mine... I enjoy going too much

Back
Top Bottom