Local Grinds - the chat thread

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

SecondCoussens:
What I want to know is where can you find really good Chinese food on Oahu? We have yet to find a place we love. Tried Little Village in China Town, thought it was just OK. Like Happy Day quite a bit, but nothing we crave. The best we have found is a place called Pauoa Chop Suey (on Pauoa St.). Tasty and decently priced.

Any other suggestions?

And how about good Italian on Oahu?

New Kapahulu Chop Suey - Inexpensive but good Chinese food. Dingy atmosphere and surly waitresses. Located at 730 Kapahulu. Large servings & good value for your $.

Rickg

Thumbs down on Killer Taco's in Haleiwa. I've always wanted to try it but noticed there were never very many cars there. Finally, Crab Lover and I tried it. Icky.

sea nmf:
Thumbs down on Killer Taco's in Haleiwa. I've always wanted to try it but noticed there were never very many cars there. Finally, Crab Lover and I tried it. Icky.

Specifically... lack of salt for everything. Salsa was bland (needed salt and maybe some lime or cilantro or something) it was pretty much pureed tomatoes. Ground beef was tasteless and the chicken had a weird seasoning I just couldn't place and really didn't care for, but still no salt. I'll stick with Moe's and Maui Taco.

sea nmf:

If you want Mexican on the North Shore, I'd stick with Cholo's in the North Shore Marketplace. Their Fresh Fish Tacos are highly recommended!:wink:

Ok, so I see lots of stuff for Oahu, now what about Maui?? heading there shortly, and would LOVE to hear about local eats... gonna be in the Kaanapali area...

river_sand_bar:
Ok, so I see lots of stuff for Oahu, now what about Maui?? heading there shortly, and would LOVE to hear about local eats... gonna be in the Kaanapali area...
Kaanapali Mixed Plate and Aloha Mixed Plate (Lahaina) are both great local-style places.

The Hula Grill in the Whalers Village is also a nice place to eat, and I've enjoyed Bubba Gump Shrimp Co. in Lahaina as well.

BJ's (Lahaina) is not to be missed if you're looking for some pizza/pasta at affordable prices.

Hope that helps get you started... :)

The Cheescake Factory in Waikiki.

Buffalo Wings....pretty good. Come with extra buffalo sauce, so that's a plus. Also has bleu cheese dressing that is too chunky, so that's a minus. Celery.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom