Local Ft.Lauderdale service for Poseidon?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

rab

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Well, I'm considering a Poseidon Xstream Dive regulator and one thing I'd like to know is whether there will be a place to get it serviced when I'm in Ft.Lauderdale. I have a LDS that handles Poseidon, but I'm waiting to hear if they will actually work on the Xstream line on-site.

When I'm on my annual (possibly becoming semi-annual) family vacation in Ft.Lauderdale, I'd like to have a "local" service location.

I've tried to use Poseidon's web site, but you select country and then city and I just don't know which cities to look for in the greater Ft.Lauderdale area.

Can anybody help?

-Rob

(NOTE: this is a local Florida service availability question and not a general equipment question NOR a LDS v. Internet question. Thanks.)

I don't know if they service, but E-Force say they stock Poseidon. They have a branch at Pompano, about 10 N. of Sunrise - might be worth a call/email:

2700 E. Atlantic Blvd
Pompano Beach, FL 33062
Phone: (954) 943-3483
Email: Pompano@force-e.com

Cheers,

K.

rab:
... I'd like to know is whether there will be a place to get it serviced when I'm in Ft.Lauderdale. ... Can anybody help?

1 (800) 344-4458 will put you in touch with Viking USA, who is the distributor for Poseidon goodies. (9-4 eastern)
Tell Nikki I sez "HI". :wink:

The Posiedon website shows dealers in Jupiter and Miami. A bit of a drive to both from Ft. Lauderdale.

http://www.poseidon.se/

Marc

I thought I'd update this thread so the next searcher has an easier time.

E-Force does service Poseidon, but at a central location not at the Atlantic Blvd store location.

Of the two shops in Jupiter, FL from the Poseidon site, the number for Chris's Marine, LLC was disconnected (obviously not a good sign) and the Jupiter Dive Center never answered (I was typically calling after work so they might not be open very late, but there was no way to leave a message).

I did get to dive my new Poseidon XStream Dive reg and it worked flawlessly. Never got below 72 fsw (22msw) so not that deep, but never a problem.

-Rob

After spending a while on the phone with the Poseidon distributor, I was able to obtain the contact information for a dive shop that was certified to work on the Xstream line of regulators. I shipped my Xstream Dive to them a week ahead of my vacation trip and it was serviced and waiting for me to pick up. Great price, too. The "A" service (replacing the filter and a few o-rings, but otherwise just a functional check) came to less than $35 for the 1st and two 2nd stages. Great people who moved their dive shop business from east Tennesee to Florida some years ago and never went back... (well, I think they've visited, but you know what I mean).

The Scuba Center
885 S.E. 6th Ave
Delray Beach, FL 33483
561-278-7020

I suspect that they'll be getting my regs back for their next service, too.

-Rob

Call Allen at Terrace Watersports in Tampa. He will service any poseidon reg on site and can handle any problem you encounter with your regs. He's very thorough and a great guy to deal with and his return times are amazing! He stocks every poseidon part imaginable, and can even change housings from brass to plastic or vice-versa. I've been using him annually since 1997 for my 6 poseidons. his number is: 813-989-3483

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom