Local Dry Gloves

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

akirawut

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Anyone know who in town stocks dry gloves for a reasonable price? I'm thinking just one of the SI Tech type sets that self mounts to the latex seals, although I am open to having something professionally installed if the price is reasonable.

Thanks,
-Tom

Thanks for the link John, that will be really handy once I am up and running. Undoubtedly cheaper than through a dive outfit. However I'm actually after the whole system at this point.

check on the buy sell forum here or at decostop.com there are always good deals to be had...$40 - $70 are the norm for a good set of used si tech rings...
Alternatively you could just buy the wrist mounts from a dealer for about $30 and use the marigolds - thats what I did before moving to the full locking rings.
They are easy to install on your silicone cuffs.

Yep I have just moved from the full Si Tech system, which was about $150. I now use the dry cuffs, $35-45 and use marigolds instead. Although the Si Tech ones are much tougher, I had the same pair of gloves on for over a year compared to marigolds which tear really easy. And you find out when to replace them when your hands get wet and cold!!

Anyone know who in town stocks dry gloves for a reasonable price? I'm thinking just one of the SI Tech type sets that self mounts to the latex seals, although I am open to having something professionally installed if the price is reasonable.

Thanks,
-Tom
Check with Michel. The guy I told you about for getting your regs serviced. pm me if you need the info again.

Watson Gloves in BBY...
Watsongloves team

I think they are 8$ a pr. for the Blue si tech type or you can get the marigold style for $20 for 20 pair. better dexterity for the summer months.

Cheers,
John

Thanks for the tip! I have a pinhole in my smurf gloves and I was going to spend $10 for Aquaseal to fix them... :shakehead:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom