local dives

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

josh37

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Hey every one I just finished my open water cert, and was wondering if any one is/wants to go diving this week end at deer creek or starvation... ect

Howdy! Welcome to ScubaBoard and diving in general! :) This forum's been pretty slow, so my apologies for such a delayed response.

Who did you get your OW certs with? I think just about every outfit around here has dive-alongs for you to attend, and buddies can be found.

IMO, if you're fresh out of OW you may want to hold off on Deer Creek. The area that I dove at last year was basically rocks and silt, it's very easy to silt yourself out to the point that you will have difficulty seeing and get disoriented or separated. Haven't been to starvation myself. Strawberry reservoir is a fun one, depending on where you go.

I've just gotten my brand new regulators and will be looking to dive next week sometime. Drop me a line if you're interested.

This upcoming weekend there is a dive-a-long at Sand Hollow. Should be nice, the water is around 82 degrees and Dive Utah is bringing their air trailer so you only need to bring one tank.

This upcoming weekend there is a dive-a-long at Sand Hollow. Should be nice, the water is around 82 degrees and Dive Utah is bringing their air trailer so you only need to bring one tank.
Goonsquad is the air trailer for sure? I know they will be bringing air on the September 25th outing to Sand Hollow.

I was told they are, they are holding classes and having the div-a-long. Fills are $5.00 from what they posted.

another good spot to dive that has a lot of things to see is Blue Lake, UT. Take I-80 west to Wendover, NV take alt 93 south 15 miles, you will see a sign for Blue Lake, turn Left, follow the dirt road to where you see all the cars, Be warned the deer flies will eat you alive. and yes they even can bite through a 7mm wet suit. This lake has 3-4 boats a dive plate form at 20' just to the left of the dock and out about 10 yrds. if you want a "dive Park" this is a good one.

PS you wont see any water till your almost on top of it, and its a long walk to the water with all your gear so take what your diving with the 1st trip.

I know they will be bringing air on the September 25th outing to Sand Hollow.

This should be a really good outing. There is also a clean up activity planned for those interested to improve the site.

This should be a really good outing. There is also a clean up activity planned for those interested to improve the site.
With the divers from DU, Dixie Divers in St. George and the few I'm heading down with it should be a great 'party'.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom