Local dives sites

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Avic7:
Wow thanks for the quick reply creamofwheat. Do you know how long it takes for you to drive from horseshoe bay to this location? 15 min? More or less?

I actually couldn't tell you...sorry. I can try to find out for you though, if you want. But yea, parking apparently is quite difficult as the area is "resident only parking" but I'm sure you can find something. :)

I dove at Whytecliff yesterday, and Porteau today (checked out the Grantham ship...I think that's what it's called...) These were my OW dives for my class. It was pretty cool. I really enjoyed myself. I was in a dry suit and started to get a wee bit chilly by the end of the second dive, but not cold enough to end the dive, thankfully. Anyway, yes. It was fun. There's some really neat stuff at Porteau...saw so much more there than at Whytecliff, but that could have been because Whytecliff was our first dive, ever, so personally, I wasn't paying too much attention...was paying more attention to my ears, heh. Starting to get the hang of equalizing now though. :) Anyway, I could go on forever, but I will stop now before I bore you all to death with my ramblings of my first OW dives. :D

the ship you're talkin about at porteau is called the grandhull and if you think its cold in a drysuit try it in a wetsuit :D

hey les if we go to whytecliff on sunday are you in?

ryanmacneil8448:
the ship you're talkin about at porteau is called the grandhull and if you think its cold in a drysuit try it in a wetsuit :D

Ah, that was it...grandhull. Thanks muchly on the correction there.

And I have NO desire to try it in a wetsuit, thanks. I was perfectly fine with my polypropylene and 2 layers of fleece. Yep.

Thanks for the invite. if you are referring to sunday nov 28 possibly. I have a cold right now so I will have to see. I will keep checking here as to what is happening. I have your # also.
cheers
Les

my bad. I would be in deep trouble if I went next weekend as it is my daughters bday party. right smack middle of the day. sorry. got my days mixed up.
Les

ok well maybe the week after than i would rather us go together as you have been there more than twice

creamofwheat:
I actually couldn't tell you...sorry. I can try to find out for you though, if you want. But yea, parking apparently is quite difficult as the area is "resident only parking" but I'm sure you can find something. :)

There was a thread on here from a few months ago concerning Kelvin Grove. Apparently the "No Divers" restriction is not supported by all of the residents.

http://www.scubaboard.com/showthread.php?t=88840&highlight=kelvin+grove

so what is the word on Kelvin? open or closed to divers? I have only been there once myself a couple of years ago. I think Porteau also says no diving groups or maybe I was just told that. I think the gov't would love to cash in if 'schools' were using a provincial area for training purposes.
anyways curious to find out about kelvin and the diving situation.
Les

I could be wrong, but I think at Porteau, divers are allowed, but you aren't allowed to train there. I think it's the same at Kelvin...you can dive, but not in big groups, and not to train...i think...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom