Local dive conditions

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Finally made it out to the Oregon today after seven years of trying....

Yes...SEVEN years! Doing most of my diving off NJ, I don't have many chances to get out to Long Island.

After boats being broken, canceled due to the weather or the weather too snotty to go all the way out there (and having to settle for the San Diego)....I finally made it.

What a nice wreck! We tied in next to the engine. That thing is as big as a house.

Both dives had 30' or so of vis and the water's still in the mid to upper 50's. The vis was so nice, I took the ol' Nikonos V down and shot a roll of slides

Two nice bottles and a fork came up. The Capt. even brought up one of those egg cups. Alot of scallops came up and quite a few nice bugs...including a huge one that was probably 10 or 11 pounds (it took 3 guys and two dives to dig it out)...Personally, I brought up 2 nice 3 lb'ers and just missed getting a 3rd, but let's just say the 3rd one didn't miss the hand that was trying to get it....

All in all a great day....I sure hope it doesn't take another 7 years to get back there

Due to previous plans, I missed out on the great weather this weekend! Sounds like you had a couple of awesome dives! stuck at work today, wishing I was anywhere but here but preferably underwater! I'm off the end of the week when I'm sure it will be about 20! LOL!!!

NJDiveGirl once bubbled...
Due to previous plans, I missed out on the great weather this weekend! Sounds like you had a couple of awesome dives! stuck at work today, wishing I was anywhere but here but preferably underwater! I'm off the end of the week when I'm sure it will be about 20! LOL!!!

Only the air temp will be 20....

Water's still in the 50's!

Looking at the crappy weather the next couple of days, I'll reluctantly stay at work.....

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom