local charters supplying gear?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thanks, this is great information. I just picked up my Gopro over the weekend; can't wait to try it out underwater.

-Peter

Thanks, this is great information. I just picked up my Gopro over the weekend; can't wait to try it out underwater.

-Peter

What is the name of that fish (your avatar)? The names escape me...not a pilotfish. Had one hanging around me on a deco line when I was on the Doria.

X - former marine biologist

---------- Post added March 28th, 2014 at 09:13 PM ----------

Answered my own question - after one day of thinking about fish species - juvenile banded rudderfish.

On a dive flag note - as long as I have been diving in Cape Ann, or other - never take a float with me. Impractical when driving a scooter, or rebreather. That said - should you go diving in Cape Ann - there are some real provincial Massholes / townies who may give you a hard time. Like Lanes Cove etc. If you are diving during the summer, or weekends - good idea to comply with the rules in the more populated dive spots.

X

Its a Banded Rudderfish, this one was at Lanes Cove

Its a Banded Rudderfish, this one was at Lanes Cove

Did this Banded Rudderfish come attached with some old, white-bearded geezer that you are not allowed to dive at Lanes? Did some greaser pervert come around in a 1980's green Subaru Outback too?

On a serious note - cool you saw one near shore vs. off shore in deep water. They sure are inquisitive little guys.

Come to think of it I believe the fish was harassing me to leave too! No respect for divers at Lanes.

Back
Top Bottom