Lobzilla !! Mobster Lobster !!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Eastwest

ScubaBoard Sponsor
ScubaBoard Sponsor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
1933 to 1934 workers piled thousands and thousands of tons of rocks and stones from Catalina Island to form the Santa Monica Breakwall . Yes , as the story goes this was the notorious yacht harbor with the likes of Clark Gable , Joan Crawford , James Cagney , Betty Davis and a Mobster or two . Sixty two years later on a cold dark moonless night this guy would make a lobster dive and almost died . As this true story unfolds " Lobzilla " monster lobster dragged me deep in his hole . Colossus , Goliath this bug I can see , dragged me through boulders and rocks way inside this shithole indeed . The tail of this beast was three feet long and its head the size of a six gallon pail ! I judge it to weigh sixty pounds or more and this diver is lucky to be alive . My mask got knocked off but wear my hood over the strap , I finally let go of this beast of mine to barely escape from another adventure of mine !!!

Yup, seen one like that in New Zealand. My dive buddy and I were diving in a cave and saw this monster lobster. We went back out and asked each other if we had seen any empty wetsuits in there.

They are super strong for their size like ants lol.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom