Lobster tickler

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Dectek

Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
What the heck is a lobster tickler. I don't know about you, but if I am laying around relaxing and somebody sticks me with a metal rod, I would definatly not call it a tickle.
All kidding aside. I see them for sale at sites but do not know exactly what they are used for. Teasing?

By using the tickler to tap the lobster, you can sometimes maneuver him out of his hole (and into your bag.)

You aren't pushing him, he's doing all the work. You're just 'encouraging him'...

I made one out of an old paint roller and it works great. I just have trouble finding lobsters that are big enough. A lot of the ones I manage to catch are just short, so after a few frenzied moments and a few hundred psi, 9 times out of ten the bug is short and I have to let him go and start all over again. The bigger ones that have survived a while are smarter than they look.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom