Lobster recipes

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Lobster fra diavalo

we serve 1-2 keys bugs per person or 1/4 to 1 Jax bugs

Split lobster down the middle and brush pesto or Italian spices on the meat side.

Cook under a broiler for 3-5 minutes or until the herbs just start to brown,pull the lobster out and set aside.Meat will not quite be done yet... don't worry.

Make or use prepared sauce with the addition of 1 Rotel tomatoes+peppers mix can per 4 people.You'll need 5-6 oz total sauce per person.Add the lobster and simmer on low heat while you make your pasta(we like any type ending in rigate as the ridges hold sauce)

When the pasta is done,drain and plate.

Remove lobster from shell and place back in sauce and serve individually over a bed of pasta.Lobster will be hot so using a glove or potholder to hold the shell pry the meat out with a fork.

Serve with the grated cheese(no canned garbage) of your choice,we like Locatelli pecorino romano.

Another one is pull out lobster meat and cut into bite sized pieces. Wrap each one in bacon and broil or grill until bacon is cooked.

With lobsters large enough that even cooking is a concern, I have two good suggestions.

1. Boil or steam the lobster for about 5-6 minutes, so that the meat releases from the shell.
Remove the tail meat, and slice it into 1/2 inch steaks. As FredT said, they won't be done in the center, but at that point, you can finish cooking the tail steaks on the grill, or saute' them with butter.
2. As above, but instead of steaks, cut the meat into thumb-sized chunks. Dip the chunks in buttermilk, shake them in flour, and deep fry the breaded "lobster fingers".

i cook mine on my big green egg with either apple,jack daniels, or wine barrel smoking chips. man, it just don't get any better. serve with butter or whatever suits your fancy. rasberry chipotley b-b-q sauce works nicely, (my wifes favorite). ken

This is a recipe my grandfather gave me. It kicks butt. The only modification I made, was to pre-cook the lobster by steaming it, and add it to the soup later.

Seafood chowder
1 1/2 pounds unpeeled, medium-size fresh shrimp
1/2 pound fresh lobster meat
1 tsp olive oil
1 c chopped onion
1 c chopped celery
1/2 c all-purpose flour
2 (10 1/2-oz) cans no-salt chicken broth
1 1/2 cup water
3 c peeled, diced red potatoes
1/2 tsp pepper
1/2 tsp dried thyme
2 (12-oz) cans evaporated skimmed milk*
2 (8 1/4 oz) cans cream-style corn

Peel and de-vein shrimp; set aside
Add oil to a heavy, large sauce pan and place over medium-high heat until hot. Add onion, celery and red pepper and cook until tender. Add chicken broth and gradually add flour, stirring constantly for one minute. Stir in water, potatoes, carrot, pepper and thyme. Bring to a boil; then reduce heat and simmer, uncovered, stirring often, 20 minutes or until potatoes are tender. Stir in shrimp, lobster, milk and remaining ingredients. Cover and simmer, stirring often, for about five minutes, or until shrimp turn pink. [10 servings]

* you can substitute the evaporated skimmed milk with half and half

Reading all this has me totally salivating. I've read steaming is superior to boiling. Grilled is great, but for the purest lobster flavor, I like steamed. Lightly dip pieces in in butter and eat

mmmmm... good!

Two ways I like 'em: boiled and scampied.

I like to boil up some corn first, with quite a bit of kosher salt and some butter in the water. Once the corn comes out, I'll drop a couple of quartered onions and bay leaves in the water and let them boil a bit, enough to give the water a nice flavor. Drop the tails or whole lobster in the water and gently boil (a tender simmer would be better) them until the meat turns opaque.

Scampi is easy. Cut the meat into bite size chunks. Melt a couple of pats of butter in some olive oil, crush a couple of whole garlic cloves and add dash or two of salt (non-iodized, like sea salt is good). Toss the garlic and salt in the skillet with the butter and olive oil unti it becomes aromatic, a couple of minutes. Toss the lobster bites into the skillet and saute until they're opaque. Serve on top of some al dente angel hair pasta with an alfredo sauce and stand back. I'm gonna lose control!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom