Lobster question?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Oceanseleven

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
O.K. I know these questions come up every year but I did a search and did not come up with any answers. I am a NH resident but my parents live in MA. Is there any way that I could dive for lobsters on say my father's lobster license if he were to get one?
I thought there was some type of household rule or family rule pertaining to the license or am I just wishfull thinking?

At least for divers you need to get an individual one.
In order to be able to get your own you need to own property in the state.

No, you can't dive for lobsters w/ a license in your father's name. Unless, of course, you happened to have the same name as your father...wink, wink, nod, nod........

In all seriousness, you must be a legal resident of MA or own a certain amount of real estate in this state to purchase a lobster license. I wouldn't even think it's worth taking the chance of being caught -- it's a criminal violation to harvest lobster w/o a license(or with someone else's) or to take shorts, eggers, v-notchers, etc. Sorry.

LobstaMan

No problem. Thanks for the responces guys. I don't want to do this illegally so I guess I'll just have to wait for New Hampshire to make it legal ( if they ever do ).

United Divers of New Hampshire is a dive club which among other things, has been trying to get lobstering to be legal in the state. Check out the website at udnh.org.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom