lobster mini-season!!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

derekxec:
im super excited! i found a spot filled with lobsters the day after season closed! cant wait to go there and limit out...and the great thing is its only about 4ft deep

Well, a note of advice...

Lobster are likely to be in shallower water in the winter because the water temps cool off. As they warm up in the summer and as the breeding season approaches the bugs go on the move. I'm not saying your spot won't still be stocked full, but it might not be.

R

jupiter florida ;D in the jupiter inlet...we keep snorkling it and checking if they are still there and so far so good but you are right its still a couple months away and they might move but i sure hope they dont haha

haha true that! i cant wait to get em! i love lobster but i dont love buying it haha...it will be my second time going for lobsters..my uncle goes down to the keys every mini season for them...i wish i could go with him but hes a jerk and i couldnt stand him for 2 days

lol hahahahaha!!!

so it's not worth putting up with him for 2 days huh...that's funny!

how did you do last year?

I read for hours and hours how to catch lobsters, and a really nice guy from Miami should be on the end of the second day...He gave me a 2 minute crash course underwater...and I learned more from him than I did reading all those hours... I can't wait for mini-season and I feel very confident!

i didnt really know what i was doing and i only went one day and got only 1 lobster...now i just found out a guy i go fishing with all the time does it and hes the one that told me about the spot..hes going to go with me on mini season and show me how its done

Everyone loves going diving for lobster!! Everyone hates buying them!! Funny thing is, by the time you drive(or fly) to South Florida-rent a boat or charter one-fill tanks-hotel for the thime you are there-etc.etc. You spend about 10 times what you could have bought them for!! But I still dive for them too, can't make myself buy them at the store.

Always cracks me up to see the craziness generated by the mini-season here in FL. The fact is, two weeks after the 2 day mini-seasons closes, the regular season opens again and runs from August to March.

That being said, the last couple years I have setup custom charters for mini-season here in Fort Lauderdale and have sold them out with a problem. People have no problem taking off from work mid-week to dive in and catch the most expensive "free" lobster dinner they will ever enjoy.

However, I must confess and concur with a couple other posts, I can't bear the thought of actually paying for lobster in restaurant anymore, it just seems so wrong.

Back
Top Bottom