Lobster Information

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

pasley

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
Ok, I know this rarely comes up. But in my house I am the only one that eats lobster (the wife took 2 bites of my lunch.). So last nights small 2 pound lobster was more than I choose to eat at one meal. Now mind you I could eat it all, but I choose to eat small sensible portions, which is why I weigh 143.6 pounds today (6 ft tall, age 50 male).

So now what do I do with the left over lobster? How do I store it? Best way to reheat it? Suggestion?

I vacuum seal my leftover with a chunk of butter with it, and toss in the freezer. When I'm ready to eat it again, I just toss the bag into boiling water for 10 mins. Comes out perfect.
Kyle

pasley:
Ok, I know this rarely comes up. But in my house I am the only one that eats lobster (the wife took 2 bites of my lunch.). So last nights small 2 pound lobster was more than I choose to eat at one meal. Now mind you I could eat it all, but I choose to eat small sensible portions, which is why I weigh 143.6 pounds today (6 ft tall, age 50 male).

So now what do I do with the left over lobster? How do I store it? Suggestion?

Coming from a family of commercial lobsterfishermen, I can speak from experience that your lobster will freeze well in a tupperware or airtight zipbag. We usually take the leftover cooked lobster and remove it from the shell and freeze. It usually doesn't stay too long in the freezer before being eaten, but I would say you would be safe for a few weeks. Things always taste better fresh. Leftovers become lobster salad sandwiches or seafood casserole.

Left overs whats that LOL

We never have any left once they are cooked.

Ok you can invite a friend over or share with a coworker.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom