Lobos Dive Report May 8th

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DocWong

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
Conditions were amazingly flat, with hardly any wind! We had some very nice visibility that's very between 20 feet and 35 feet.

Todd, Andrew and I scootered first out to the end of Middle Reef, meandering around all the surface help. We finally gave up and decided to descend about 10 feet to get under the kelp. Once out to granite wall we continued north over into Granite Point pinnacles.

From there, we headed east through the pinnacles and out into the secondary sand channel. You could always tell you're there because the sand was a combination of Monastery berries and the softer sand of the whalers cove.

Then we continued over to Mono Local Wall. From there following the 100 foot contour to Thumbs Up. Over at thumbs up I kept pointing my light into a crack because I spotted a huge Wolf Eel. Annoyed at the light he hid in his hole, but when I took my lights off after a few seconds he would come out and was quite curious about us.

Coming back we went to a spot called Lone Metridium to look for the GPO and we found him. He was pretty big with with some pretty large tentacles but was a bit lethargic. I'm thinking he must be getting close to the end of his life cycle guarding and caring for the eggs.

Coming back into whalers cove was fun as usual trying to locate a float underwater but we missed it oh well next time.

fun dive as always at point Lobos.

Back
Top Bottom