LMI Mako Shooting SD.. Wondering What's Next?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Is it mechanical? Or does it work off the camera battery?
It's a full electronic housing. The camera battery powers the controls. The back monitor has its own battery pack mounted to the inside of the door.
I was looking at the Sony HDR-CX550V and curious about the flash memory. The memory is not removable for long term storage:( Can the video be transferred to the SD or Memory Stick? If I have to capture it off to protect it while on a trip, is that a 1:1 capture?
Sony calls it Direct Copy:
Store and Share Your Memories

Now there's an easy way to transfer and store videos directly from your camcorder to an external hard disk drive (sold separately), without a computer. You can even use handy playback features of this camcorder to access the videos stored on your external drive and share your memories on a compatible HDTV or monitor.

There's a short video about it. It'll be wayyy faster than 1:1...

Last edited:
Looks round - might be that 15mm fish eye he was using. That is a big advantage too being able to use different lenses. I'm guessing a lot of dollars for different ports too. Is the rolling shutter issue as one of the commenter's mentioned on Vimeo an issue with just the 5D MKII or all DSLR's? I've seen quite a lot of dry video from them and never noticed this.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom