LivingTheDream dive op?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DiverRtNY

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Living the dream came highly recommended from a friend and hopefully planning to head to GC in October but I haven't heard their name brought up when people recommend dive ops. Anything to know? Is it a location thing?
-Dave

Oh come on. That isolated event above was years ago.
I've dived with LTD, Wall to Wall, DNS, Neptune, Ocean Frontiers, Sunset Divers, and all are very good operators who provide valet services.

LTD has big boats and relatively small groups. I prefer DNS because I like the group of regulars who are usually on the boat, and I like Dusty Norman, but would have no trouble diving with LTD in a pinch. In fact, Gary, who owns LTD, worked at Wall to Wall for years. If he was not an excellent DM, Giles would not have kept him on for so long.

Everyone has their favorites, but apart from a few cattle boat companies, all GC dive operations provide good service, dive the same sites with more or less comparable profiles. . They have to to stay in business in a very competitive market.

No exscuse for lying as he did in the above mentioned thread and the safety issue is of more concern whether it happened years ago or last week.I was on Island when the stingray dive went sideways and I can tell you that NO other boat was at stingray city because of the horrendous weather. that is why the Marine patrol had to be called because no other boats to lend assistance.

Divers rescued :: Cayman Compass

I believe that one lapse in judgement in the distant past should not result in a life sentence. I have dived with Gary since that event and IMO, he was running a safe, conservative operation. I guess he learned a difficult lesson.

I certainly would have no problem diving with LTD in the future.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion.

I wondered if he learned that lying about other dive ops is a bad policy.

Back
Top Bottom