Living your life the D.I.R. way

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

You guys are killing me! :rofL:

WreckWriter once bubbled...
I love the part about not penetrating a nightclub on beer!

The mix you chose truely depends on the objective. Beer is good for your basic club hopping. Of course, if you're going to go way down looking for quality tottie you might want to go in with a specific mix.

I tend to prefer Captain 'n Coke... but unfortunately you find many clubs that don't have 'clean soda', and if you can end up seriously hurt with Pepsi... So when I find myself in an establishment that doesn't promote safety [e.g. they don't have Coke... the Halcyon of sodas!], I have to switch over to a margarita on the rocks. Of course they have to have at least Quervo 1800.

And of course, don't settle on your mix... if you aren't comfortable with the quality of the gas, or the blender, just abort. There's no tottie or bar worth dying for!

It's probably much safer if you strap on the 3oz pony beer. It's not much, but it might be all you need to safely reach more beer in an OOB situation.

We should work on drilling these skills. Just don't try shutting off my beer supply when I'm not expecting it!

Also, if you're having Pepsi problems, maybe you should try a different LBS (local beer shop). I usually plan club penetrations on 7&7, and my preferred shop has no qualms about blending ECW (enriched coctail whiskey) mixes as high as 40%.

Spectre once bubbled...
...a friends girlfriend asked me to hold her beer for a second. After a quick check to see if the beer was cold, I soon found us both in an OOB situation! See.. it just goes to show how bad an idea buddy-beering is!

Then there's the whole metric issue. Australians have to calculate the EAD (Equivalent Alcoholic Drink) when ordering in the US. For example, when using Sierra Nevada, we have to calculate our hang(over) time using Cooper's Pale Ale tables. The most confusing thing I find is having to convert a BAR to PSI (pre-sobriety institution).

Once you've penetrated deep enough into a club that there are no visible exits, you definitely want to stick to a richer mix. I personally prefer my friends Jack and Coke, but hey...

What I would warn against is the use of a lighter mix like beer that deep into a club. Most experienced club penetrators will tell you that, because beer is such a light mix, you are more likely to lose track of your consumption rate than you would if you were using something a bit heavier.

Extended use of light mixes like beer tend to induce beer-goggle-osis, a nasty condition that tends to cloud your judgment...severe cases of the affliction have been documented in which the symptoms lasted until the next morning...painful to say the least.

If you are going to make deep penetrations into a club, do so safely...

[childish humor]
dude...he said deep penetration. hehe
[/childish humor]

I was in an elevator with a dive buddy once and we were discussing wreck penetration (and how I think it's crazy). The people in the elevator heard "penetration" and kept giving us strange looks.

Back
Top Bottom