Living Colours Bunaken Island quick question.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

saulyuk

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Hi I am hoping someone can help with something I keep going over in my head.

I am planning on booking a 2 week stay at Living Colours Dive Resort Bunaken. It looks fantastic and gets good reviews. My only concern is the lack of Air Conditioning. I am normally a very light sleeper and have the fan all the time at home (the UK). Planning trip Last week of May first week of June. Has anyone stayed there before around this time and was it unbearable at night with no AC?

Thanks for any info

It was quite hot there, and the first time was rather miserable. Next trip, I stopped in Manado, got a nice electric fan at Litton Electronics [sic.] for about $30 US. Would strap it on the corner of the bed to the post, so it would be under the mosquito netting with me. Sleep in the raw with a bit of sheet, and all was quite tolerable.

I dove there a couple times in June/July and didn't melt. Don't remember being particularly uncomfortable but I think there were some rain storm which cooled things off.

Living Colors is a wonderful place, with excellent sunset snorkling just off shore! Have fun!

Thanks for the replies, glad to say its booked! Stop off in Singapore each way to break up the travel. really looking forward to it!

Singapore is perhaps he best place in SE Asia to land & sleep off jet lag. Friendly, safe, clean and a city that never sleeps :)! Have fun!

Back
Top Bottom