liveboard in florida keys

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Not the keys. but there's one I'm going on that is out of Miami and does the southern bahamas down into Cay Sal Banks.

http://www.sailjuliet.com/menu/aboardjuliet.html

She's a 3-masted schooner and only takes 12 pax plus crew. Private staterooms. You get to help sail and one of the divemasters is also a Marine Biologist from Brazil who conducts lectures on marine life. Price is around $1250 pp.

Doesn't dove the Keys but if you are looking for something close to that area it might be an option.

scubamickey:
Not the keys. but there's one I'm going on that is out of Miami and does the southern bahamas down into Cay Sal Banks.

http://www.sailjuliet.com/menu/aboardjuliet.html

She's a 3-masted schooner and only takes 12 pax plus crew. Private staterooms. You get to help sail and one of the divemasters is also a Marine Biologist from Brazil who conducts lectures on marine life. Price is around $1250 pp.

Doesn't dove the Keys but if you are looking for something close to that area it might be an option.

thanks very mush. have you been on one of those trips? how was it? was there a wide range of fish? also did you see any grey and queen angelfish? i really want to see those. also i ant to see the sptted dolphines.

once again thanks for the help

The Keys aren't really great liveaboard territory. Most dive sites are within a few miles of shore so it's easier to stay in a hotel and take day boats. There are great sites all the way up and down the keys so a driving trip to see many would be great fun.

I've heard of Dry Tortugas liveaboards, but don't know of any that are operating at the moment.

If you need advice as to operators, check the Conch Divers section of the board or feel free to ask me.

Rachel

P.S. I see angelfish on almost every dive including a pair of Grays that live on the Busch.

Trigger:

What are you looking for. I second the Playmate, I liked their operation. But it is mainly a hunting boat.

---Bob

Back
Top Bottom