Liveaboards without single supplements

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have yet to hit that jackpot.

My best bonus was the forward cabin with 4 berths on Moana for five nights in Komodo all to myself. One should note that it seems my luck ends with dive trips. For eleven years I have flown from Jakarta to South Florida at Christmas and again in the summer. The number of bonus upgrades I have landed... zero, nothing, nada. I would gladly trade room share luck on scuba boats for business class seats on long haul flights.

Does anyone know of any liveaboards that do raja ampat or banda that have no (or small) single supplement payment? Most are asking for around 65% extra.

Your advice would be much appreciated.

I just did Blue Manta in Komodo August 22nd-28th. Booked a single cabin with only 10% supplement and it's not a smaller cabin, same size cabin as double and you can request top deck with external door and large window that opens for no extra charge. Room and bathroom is huge and boat is amazing. Here are pics of my room:

1.jpg
3.jpg
4.jpg
2.jpg

HAMMERHEADS!

Saw HH on the first dive today! Our group saw about 6 or 7 swim-bys, some just shapes, but a couple really good sightings. Emily and I had about 15 (?) seconds with one, seemed she (?) was curious.

Other groups did not see them.

The dive plan was to get to the corner (point) and hook in. That didn't happen. Instead we circled around in the blue and lost the reef, not so much due to strong current, it's just where the hammers were - out in the blue. Our DM took us up after we saw them and while we still had plenty of gas left, because he wasn't sure how far we had drifted. I'm 100% OK with that - it is his call. We did drift maybe 200 m.

Conditions are choppy and overcast. I had trouble getting back into the dinghy - fell back twice. Sheesh!

What did other groups see?

- Bill & Emily

I just did Blue Manta in Komodo August 22nd-28th. Booked a single cabin with only 10% supplement and it's not a smaller cabin, same size cabin as double and you can request top deck with external door and large window that opens for no extra charge. Room and bathroom is huge and boat is amazing. Here are pics of my room:

View attachment 540085View attachment 540086View attachment 540087View attachment 540088

Wow! That's impressive. The room is as big as some of the land-based hotels I've stayed in. :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom