Liveaboards in the Philippines.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Kim needs scuba helmets in Phuket? Something you're not telling us?:confused: :eyebrow:

There are lots of good liveaboards in the PI, but there are a few unscrupulous operators there with terrible reputations for eco-awareness. Although, i suppose in this scuba-world it is likely to find a few bad apples!

I would guess that time of year will determine your location?

Kim:
They don't tell you how much it costs though or give a lot of detail about trips etc.

I went with Carlo's recommendation for May 2006. I made inquiries last fall and they did not have a final schedule until mid January. I enjoyed my trip. It was for 5 nights and 6 days for $1100 US and the travel agency you end up e-mailing to on the link sets up the linking air flights as well. Everything is included except for drinks (beer, wine and soda), park fee, t-shirts, nitrox, etc. Lots of food - 5 times a day. Eat, dive, eat, dive, eat, dive, eat, dive, eat, dive, sleep and repeat.....:D

I really enjoyed the trip. Although I'm more interested in the little stuff like nudibranch's, etc. the abundance of different fishes and corals is amazing on Tubbataha. The later part of my trip to Malapascua kind of reinforced that impression too.

jbb:
I went with Carlo's recommendation for May 2006. I made inquiries last fall and they did not have a final schedule until mid January. I enjoyed my trip. It was for 5 nights and 6 days for $1100 US and the travel agency you end up e-mailing to on the link sets up the linking air flights as well. Everything is included except for drinks (beer, wine and soda), park fee, t-shirts, nitrox, etc. Lots of food - 5 times a day. Eat, dive, eat, dive, eat, dive, eat, dive, eat, dive, sleep and repeat.....:D

I really enjoyed the trip. Although I'm more interested in the little stuff like nudibranch's, etc. the abundance of different fishes and corals is amazing on Tubbataha. The later part of my trip to Malapascua kind of reinforced that impression too.
you ran out of Tequila?

Thanks Jason - good info...

The thing is, as I know Thailand quite well now I can get some rather good discounts and deals on liveaboards there. I'm trying to work out whether it's really worth changing. One day quite soon I'll probably do a family beach resort/diving trip like Jim did. The kids just need to be a little bigger.

clgsamson:
you ran out of Tequila?

Yes, I'm afraid you guys drank my only bottle. :huh: I will bring more next time, not that it wasn't put to good use...

Some people on Tristar planned ahead and brought several bottles of wine to have with dinner.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom