Liveaboards in Belize

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

gnarlysb

Registered
Reaction score
Hi there, I am new to diving but really want to do a liveaboard in Belize. I have looked at Nekton, Aggressor etc and they are all pretty pricey! I understand that the dives work out fairly cheap but was wondering if there is anyway to get a cheaper liveabord in Belize. Do these companies offer discounts or last minute deals or are they very stringent with their prices. As I am going alone I don't want to spend thousands and have a cr*p time! Thanks in advance, Tim.

I was on Peter Hughes Sun Dancer II a few weeks ago, and I couldnt recommend it any more. Awesome time. The Aggressor pretty much dives the same sites. We saw the Aggressor just about every day, just further down on the same reef.

Been to Belize twice and both times on the Nekton boats. Wouldn't go any other way !!

Going on a liveaboard trip will alter what you think about vacation diving. The dives are soooo much less effort and relaxing, plus you get dives at locations rarely provided by shore operations. There's something about taking your bed and dinner table with you....

We were on the Belize Aggressor last November; superb crew and boat, with the best dive deck of the liveaboards.

Having heard from others that have come on trips, I know the Aggressor fleet does negotiate. Call in the last week before a cruise, and if they have an open cabin they are willing to deal.

All the best, James

Nekton does run specials at the fall dive shows. The trip I setup was booked last November and I got a $1495 price, $300 less than their normal $1795 listede in printed materials. I have also heard they may negociate at the last minute, but that makes gtetting flights arranged a crap shoot.

Perry

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom