Liveaboard, Which is Best

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

divekraz

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I'm considering the Turks & Caicos Explorer 2 since it was refurbished 2-05 or the Belize agressor or the Nautilus explorer for Socorro Island. We've only been on one liveaboard the Aquacat. Food was ok, crew and facilities were pretty good. Can anyone compare the Aquacat to any of the 3 liveaboards above? Thank you Garry

I can't compare the aquacat to any of the others, but I can share photos of the Nautilus Explorer. I went on a trip on the Nautilus in 2003 to Barclay Sound in British Columbia. Fantastic setup for cold water diving. The food was good, no bucket to scrape into.

Trip Report

Photo Gallery

Hope this helps,
Bruce

divekraz:
I'm considering the Turks & Caicos Explorer 2 since it was refurbished 2-05 or the Belize agressor or the Nautilus explorer for Socorro Island. We've only been on one liveaboard the Aquacat. Food was ok, crew and facilities were pretty good. Can anyone compare the Aquacat to any of the 3 liveaboards above? Thank you Garry

Peter Hughes has so real nice Boats to. Been on 3 of them all Great!

greenflash1:
Peter Hughes has so real nice Boats to. Been on 3 of them all Great!

Have you been on Star Dancer? Which three have you been on?

divekraz:

I was on the Belize Aggressor in November 2004. You can see some of my photos at:

http://www.scubaboard.com/gallery/showgallery.php?cat=994

I am an Aggressor fan, so I cannot compare it to any other company. I just find the crew friendly and helpful, the diving to my liking (they leave you alone, max depth rules of 110 ft OK by me in Belize - I like to do 60 minute dives 5 times per day), Nitrox reasonable at $100 per week (less 10% for repeat Aggressor customers). I wish the food had more "local content" but we did have steak and lobster one night (November is in the middle of lobster season) and fish a couple of times. If you have specirfic questions, PM me and I'll try to answer them.

caymaniac:
Have you been on Star Dancer? Which three have you been on?

I was on the Sea Dancer twice The Wind Dancer and The Island Dancer. Next month I will be on Sun Dancer II

divekraz:

I'm trying to plan a last minute vacation last week of Aug and thinking about the T&C Explorer 2. Did you finally go on it or get any feedback from someone who had?

thanks,
Alexandra
Alexandra@aol.com

I'm booked on the Turks & Caicos Explorer for a trip soon. Its been quite a while since I went with them to Saba/St. Kitts. That experience was very positive. It doesn't take much to keep me happy - good diving, decent food and a friendly/competent crew. Sometimes you can get a sense for a liveaboard company with how the sales people handle themselves. Seems like a good outfit to me. We'll see how this trip goes.

Been on the Belize Aggressor 3 times, the Turks Aggressor 2 times, the Cayman Aggressor once, and the Bay Islands Aggressor once, and the Thorfin in Truk/Chuuk once. From what I have heard, I think the Aggressors have spoiled me, but would like to try a Peter Huges and the Aqua Cat. I have no negatives about any of the Carib Aggressors in any way, shape, or form. I could say a few things about the Thorfin, but will not because that's not where you're going. Any specific questions, feel free to PM me.

My $.02 - Barracuda2

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom