Liveaboard: Similan & Andaman or Similan & Surin?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

There is a group of 9 of us from that "other" board (ZD) who are doing the Philkade in April next year.
Five of us are flying in a few days early and taking the ferry to Phi Phi and will dive with a dive op there to do the Hin Daung/Hin Muang dives plus a few others while in Phi Phi.

If you do decide on the Philkade I'd sure like to hear about your trip!

They sure seem to be a class act operation! I'm really looking forward to my trip with them!

My wife and I are booked on this dive boat. We have had several friends who live here in Thailand recommend it as the best boat to visit the Similans. We'll post a trip report after we get back....

http://www.panunee.com

We booked the master suite and do have the en-suite bathroom. We are booking nitrox for the trip as well for, I think, an additional 2,000 baht each, for all dives. I guess I should have mentioned that this is probably the most expensive of the live-aboards for the Similan Islands, but the nicest boat, from several aspects, as well.... hopefully and I think we will, get what we pay for.... in any case, sure hope you enjoy your trip and don't let the airport issues and political issues in the country bother you, just go with the flow and remember that the Thai people as a culture, are still some the nicest and friendliest people I've ever met and I've been living overseas (all major continents’ but Australia and Antarctica) since 1983...

The Panunee looks interesting but "the nicest boat" not sure of that. All the Philkade suits have generous en-suite bathrooms, plus it only takes 10 divers vs. up to "20" for the Panunee. Never been on the Panunee but from the specs and website I think the Philkade is tough to beat.

I'm going with the Colona VI this December. The Philkade looks really good, though.

Cheers

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom