Liveaboard Gaia Love in Raja Ampat - Trip Report

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Wow, thanks for that. You took me right home to RA. Great captures for a first time videographer. You must have been a photographer prior?

Thanks, this was actually my first attempt of any kind with a camera. My shots from earlier in the trip are noticeably less stable as I tended to move the camera around more as opposed to trying to keep it steady and float or wait for subjects to enter the field of view.

@Ministryofgiraffes.. Oh by all means keep the long one for yourself and your loved ones but it is a proven fact that you lose viewership once a video gets longer than 4-5 minutes. People just can't stay focused. Most videographers really struggle with getting rid of shots because they have an emotional attachment to them.

@SSC-uba It helps to have a friend/ SO help because they will tell you which shot is better when you have multiple shots of a subject. Keep clips to 3-5 seconds (more on the 3 end) unless it is a really amazing behavior or shot. Another really popular thing to do is make mini - vids with single subjects/sites/behaviors (like Mantas etc.),... people really like those as well. Here is a link that you might find helpful or interesting: How to Shoot Amazing Underwater Short Video Keep up the great work!
Thanks for pointers. I'll check out that guide

Thanks, this was actually my first attempt of any kind with a camera. My shots from earlier in the trip are noticeably less stable as I tended to move the camera around more as opposed to trying to keep it steady and float or wait for subjects to enter the field of view.
Amazing job for a first time.... it is so hard not to move quickly.

I’ve been on the Gaia Love 2 times and I was planning for November but obviously had to cancel the trip.
If they took offered a retirement plan, I’d sign up!
I’m glad you enjoyed the trip Watching your video makes me “homesick” for being back on board.

I'm getting emails from Garuda, advising me of special fares. Frustrating

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom