Liveaboard Australia reputable company

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I've never dived Lady Elliot, so can't really offer any advice there. Most of the liveaboards depart Cairns, which is readily accessible by domestic airlines via major Australian airports (eg Sydney/Brisbane) with A320 or 737 size aircraft. Lady Elliot is a bit more remote, and is accessibly via light aircraft only, with very limited luggage allowance and hefty fees for excess baggage.
If Lady Elliot is a stop on a longer trip, I would suggest finding somewhere to store most of your luggage and only taking the bare minimum to Lady Elliot.
Wow! That’s incredible advice. I don’t know what to say. I’m humbled. Thank you

Oh, yes, yes. I am doing the coral sea, either 4 nights or 7. The question is…should I visit Elliot Island in the hopes that I will see a manta ray in December?

I’m going as a single. I don’t think I could deal with seven nights of a stranger snoring. I guess they would let me sleep in the lounge if I had to.

Getting a suite as a single person is just wrong and just a tiny bit pitiful

Both Spoilsport and Spirit of Freedom to Coral Sea trips, and both offer fly/dive packages, which is cruise Cairns to Lizard Island and fly back, or the other way around.

Both vessels only have twin share, no singles, and highly unlikely they'll want you sleeping in the lounge.

They also both often book out well in advance.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom