Liveaboard Apo Reef in mid Feb - please help!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

scubydooo

Registered
Reaction score
Hi, given the Chinese New Year holidays in Hong Kong, I would like to dive Apo Reef during that period. I have a few queries:

1. is it worth doing a live-aboard on Apo Reef or will day trips be sufficient to see the best of it?

2. if a liveaboard is worth it (it probably is), any ship/operator to recommend? i have researched on Divecal and Submariner so far, but the more choices the merrier.

3. is february a good time to dive Apo Reef?

Thanks very much for your advice in advance!

1. Rags Two is fully booked over CNY. It does has two berths availabe in May 11-15.
2. Pandan Island Resort but I have heard indifferent reports on the operator.

thanks for the recommendations, unfortunately Pandan only does full charter liveaboards. i've asked dugong dive center as well, and they're the same (only day trips).

would i need to be on a liveaboard to see the best of apo reef, or are day trips sufficient to reach the best sites?

also, has anyone had experience with dugong dive centre?

Apo Reef is quite a distance even from Northern Coron(Busuanga). It does desert couple of days but if the "logistic" is NOT available then what else can you do other than a day trip!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom