Live in Utila/Roatan?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
Hi all,

I'm planning on heading to Utila or Roatan to pursue my Divemaster qualifications in a few months.

Just wondering if anyone has an idea of rental costs on either island? I visited Roatan on vacation about a year ago so just stayed in a backpackers. Would be looking to rent a room/apartment/house for a few months with my boyfriend, if it was affordable. Will obviously be on a tight budget but could afford $150-200 per month.

Any experience?

Thanks for your help :)

When I lived on Utila, I shared a house with another candidate who was at the same shop (UDC), and while they didn't own the house, it seemed to stay within their hands simply by staff/candidates passing it from one to another. The house was across the street from the hotel UDC DID own - the Mango Inn - and they had cheap dorm rooms there as well. The house we split at 200 US a month each plus electricity (about 20 total a month), and propane to cook (about 5 a month total) ... not expensive at all!! Everything's about a 5-10 minute walk on the island, and a couple year's back, crime was not a big deal except on holidays if you weren't completely dense about it.

Dunno if that helps but I LOVED it!! I'd go back in a heartbeat!

there are plenty of cheap apartments in and around utila town but sadly no one place on the internet to find them. once you decide who you're going to do your training with, i'm sure they'll be able to help find you a place. or perhaps try contacting utila apartment finders for help.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom