Live aboard - Phuket

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mkwon79

Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
I will be in Phuket in March, I am interested in a live aboard but am short on time. I thought White Manta, South Siam 3, or Somboon III looked promising. looking for a 3d/2n or possible a 4d/3n vessel. Some advice would be appreciated.
I have been diving for 2 years and have done 10 dives.
Thanks

If you have the time, do a 4 days/4 nights trip. Those trips are more relaxed to visit all highlights including Richelieu Rock and Koh Tachai than the 3 days trips.

For both 3 days or 4 days trips there are more options for you than the mentioned 2 boats (South Siam 3 = Somboon 3), but too many to mention here.

I agree with Stevenl - do a four night trip if you can - MV White Manta makes four night trips.

South Siam III works well if your schedule is not flexible as they transfer everyday.

I will be in Phuket in March, I am interested in a live aboard but am short on time. I thought White Manta, South Siam 3, or Somboon III looked promising. looking for a 3d/2n or possible a 4d/3n vessel. Some advice would be appreciated.
I have been diving for 2 years and have done 10 dives.
Thanks

Hi

I recommend Somboon 4. 4d/3n firstly but 3d/2n is enough for you to fill your logbook. Somboon 4 heads up to Richelieu Rock & Koh Tachai which are amazing sites ...

You'll expect to see Harlequin Shrimps, Sea Horses, Various Pipefishes, mating Cuttles, Ribbon Eels, Frog Fish, Egg Cowries, schooling Baras and Travelies if you pop out to the blue, and tons and tons more, not to mention White Tips & Zebras (aka Leopards) with Mantas and Guiterfishes (sharks) recently being spotted more then once by the DM's ... O and don't forget the big boy Whale Sharks season getting ever closer with a couple being spotted already!

Hope this can help, having only 10 dives is no problem just let your DM know so he/she can help you out ...

Best of Luck!

unfortunately White Manta is unavailable, does anyone know if Marina Divers is good? They have a liveaboard going to Similans that fits my schedule.

Thanks!

If I were you......instead of doing lots of research on the net, I'd contact one of the agents with many boats in the program - they can tell you more about the boats (also from personal experience), the itinerary etc. There are quite a few boats leaving from Khao Lak as well. For instance I got excellent advise from stevenl many years ago when he booked me on my first live-aboard :wink: The price will be the same whether you book through the internet or an agent.....

I'd certainly make sure to go to Bon, Tachai, Richelieu and Boonsung as well - to me the highlights here - 2 mantas playing with us 15 minutes on Tachai last Friday for instance :D

Enjoy........

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom