Live aboard Contact for Last minute Trip? Also gear questions.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I think we can still get you diving in the Maldives. Perhaps your budget has you at a home stay island? If so, I just have to find my friends blog about it. Might be easier said than done.

When do you get there?

Do you know your other land based options?

So I have looked at a lot. Basically this is part of a much longer trip and it is a bit off season for diving.
I am thinking of just going to Dhangethi on a $35 speed boat and getting an accommodation dive package there. The rates are quite good. Or just taking the $2 ferry to Maafushi getting a $40 room and doing a few dive day trips and other land options.

In terms of resorts I found some reasonable room and package deals but I do not want to pay the transfer costs and tend not to like resorts anyway.

We land the morning of June 8th! I do not have a ticket out yet but will be going to Sri Lanka afterwards so it isn't that hard of a ticket.

I think we can still get you diving in the Maldives. Perhaps your budget has you at a home stay island? If so, I just have to find my friends blog about it. Might be easier said than done.

When do you get there?

I have been using Mike at reefrainforest.com for a few years and he does a good job. I just got back from the Carpe Vita and loved the operation so I recommend you look at them. I will be going back again next year - that is how much I liked them, the boat and the diving.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom