Little French Cay - bad behavior

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Attacks and robberies on tourists, locals, expats and even the police have become far too commonplace.
It is unfortunate but a reality.

We have enjoyed our trips to Roatan and were considering retiring on the island next year...not the case now.
Too many issues, mostly related to population growth...issues nonetheless.

I hope the residents of Roatan can eventually get the crime and ecological issues under control before the island becomes an extension of the Honduran mainland.

View attachment 474677
View attachment 474678
Had been thinking of retiring there myself. Now, not so much. Grand Cayman while I'm still working and can bring my job and income tax with me maybe.

It would appear that the owner of Little French Key on Roatan and Diamond Key on Utila has been served notice, this has been circling on island social media today
Screen Shot 2018-08-16 at 9.54.38 AM.png

So, the above translates to that they must have finally completed their work projects. It's from a local organization that has some nice stationery and they are congratulating the fellow on his fine efforts that they apparently neglected to notice previously, but now they see the spectacular things that have been accomplished while they were somehow, in some way, inexplicably distracted...engaged in other pressing matters. There is an apology there too for their tardiness in recognizing this achievement in Island beautification, but these things take time what with making sure that the construction was fully completed.

It's like we have a building inspector issue an "occupancy permit", your completed work has been inspected and you may now open for business.

And...if you ever do that again, we might get really mad and start holding our breath until our faces turn red. There will likely be a nuisance fee assessed at some time in the future.

At least that's how it works in Honduras.

:bop:

See? Two semesters of high school Spanish really paid off big time. A doctorate in US Law Or years in law enforcement? That has no value or application.

So, the above translates to that they must have finally completed their work projects. It's from a local organization that has some nice stationery and they are congratulating the fellow on his fine efforts that they apparently neglected to notice previously, but now they see the spectacular things that have been accomplished while they were somehow, in some way, inexplicably distracted...engaged in other pressing matters. There is an apology there too for their tardiness in recognizing this achievement in Island beautification, but these things take time what with making sure that the construction was fully completed.

It's like we have a building inspector issue an "occupancy permit", your completed work has been inspected and you may now open for business.

And...if you ever do that again, we might get really mad and start holding our breath until our faces turn red. There will likely be a nuisance fee assessed at some time in the future.

At least that's how it works in Honduras.

:bop:

See? Two semesters of high school Spanish really paid off big time. A doctorate in US Law Or years in law enforcement? That has no value or application.
But they do say
"We encourage the national and foreign population not to support and visit this type of projects that act outside the Law and cause damage to the Natural Resources of our country."

It’s an island of extreme wealth and extreme poverty. Those that have, get what they want. Those that don’t well....,

It’s an island of extreme wealth and extreme poverty. Those that have, get what they want. Those that don’t well....,
True. At the same time I understand our "western" idea of poverty is not having two cars in the driveway, two televisions, the latest smartphone with unlimited data, etc. I sometimes wish for a simpler life like that where it doesn't cost $1000s per month to live.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom